Keeping My Body Fit and Healthy with BODi

How I Overcame the H1N1 Swine Flu Virus

Since my Dad was a farmer, I saw him working every day.   Because I do something that I love to do, I’ve adopted his lifestyle and don’t think a thing of it.   Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, though, I battled the H1N1 virus and working every day became quite the challenge.

It started with what I thought was a bad cold and since I had so much nasal mucous and was so fatigued, I thought that instead of running every day and working out, I would just walk until the symptoms subsided.   After a week, I started what would become the worst cough that I have ever had and eventually developed pneumonia.

That’s the sequence and symptoms of how I felt, but the day to day reality was that I was able to continue to work, continue to walk every day and eventually healed myself.   Although it took over a month, I credit my ability to keep going to my excellent physical condition before I got sick and to the fact that I am very good about feeding my body with the healthiest of foods.   In addition to my healthy diet, I also supplement and round out my diet by drinking Shakeology every day without fail.

What else did I do to keep going and treat the cold, swine flu and pneumonia?   First I got some good medical advice from two trusted friends in the medical field here in Albuquerque and second, I followed it.   As soon as I felt “off” (when you work out every day, you know when something isn’t right), I started taking black walnut extract 4% solution.   I took a tablespoon every hour for 5 hours in a row.   When the symptoms didn’t subside, I repeated that (this is 5 or 6 times over the course of about 2 weeks).   I then started taking elderberry syrup, a tablespoon at a time, and ended up taking three bottles of Sambu.   The combination of the black walnut extract and elderberry syrup eventually totally eliminated the viruses.

To deal with the bacteria in my lungs, I then turned to Now brand Super Odorless Garlic and took 2 capsules every four waking hours for seven days.   After that, blood tests showed that I hadn’t completely eliminated the bacteria, so I resumed taking the Super Odorless Garlic and after another four days, was finally able to resume running and working out at a scaled back level.

It sounds like an ordeal and I must admit they I have never felt so functionally ill, meaning that I could keep going while feeling awful, but it meant a lot to me to be able to keep functioning.   As a Team Beachbody Coach, I have members and coaches who depend on me every day.   More importantly, though, I am a full time work at home Dad with a 5 year old and a 3 year old and I had to take care of them and be there for them every day without fail.

Would I advise other people to follow my example?   If your doctor gives you the advice that mine did, then yes, but only if you have your doctor’s orders.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.