When you set successful goals with achievable, yet powerful resolutions that is one way to avoid giving up, says Team Beachbody trainer Elise Joan.
In case you haven’t heard: January 17th is Ditch New Year’s Resolutions Day — the day that you’re most likely to drop your New Year’s Resolutions.
That’s only 16 days into the new year!
That’s why Beachbody Super Trainer Elise Joan is sharing some of her goal-setting tips to help you make the most of your New Year’s resolutions.
Loving yourself more, taking better care of yourself and pausing to be proud of yourself are all examples of goals that you are 100 percent capable of accomplishing in 2020.
Because entering the new decade is not just about improving your physical well-being, it’s also about working on your mental and emotional wellness.
That’s why Elise’s Barre Blend fitness program includes a deck of daily motivation cards — including five blank cards designed for you to fill out with your own affirmations and resolutions.
Check out our video to learn more about Barre Blend and discover why it might be the perfect tool to help you make 2020 your best year yet!
How to Set Successful Goals
You may recognize Super Trainer Elise Joan from 3 Week Yoga Retreat.
Now get ready for her new program: Barre Blend.
Barre Blend is a low-impact workout that delivers high-impact results. Barre Blend fuses ballet barre, Pilates, and cardio interval training. It is designed to help you burn fat and create a lean, toned physique.
Get to know her idea of a perfect meal, what motivates her to work out, her greatest achievement, and more!
What You Don’t Know About Me….by Elise Joan
1. My favorite food: I have so many favorites! But I LOVE anything chocolate. And salt & vinegar potato chips!
2. My least favorite food: Acorn squash.
3. My idea of a perfect meal: I am truly an Italian at heart, so my perfect meal would be spaghetti Bolognese with garlic knots, chopped salad, and a cheese plate — followed by homemade chocolate layer cake with a scoop of vanilla gelato!
4. What motivates me when I’m not in the mood to work out or eat healthy: I’m mostly motivated by a desire to FEEL good.
If I’m not working out and nourishing my body well, I tend to get brain fog, fatigue, and anxiety. So, my greatest motivation is to feel my best and function at my highest potential so I can create, and be present for all the people I love.
5. My guilty pleasure: BBC Murder Mysteries.
6. One thing I’m really good at: Maintaining a positive outlook on life. Oh, and baking!
7. One thing I’m really bad at: Driving.
8. How I clear my head after a crappy day: I usually move my body in some way. Maybe a sunset walk with the pup, a yoga class or a swim in the Pacific. I love any sort of moving meditation to clear my head.
9. The song (or type of music) that always puts me in a good mood: I not-so-secretly LOVE ’90s and 2000s hip-hop! It always makes me smile. And classic ’80s & ’90s music.
I also love listening to classical music while I work, and anything from the Rat Pack era when I cook. I think different kinds of music make me feel happy in different ways.
10. The talent I would most like to have: I’d love to be able to play golf, so I could keep up with my husband! And Jedi mind control (obviously).
11. Who I admire and why: I admire all women who elevate and support other women. We need each other to thrive, so let’s keep lifting one another UP!
12. The qualities I most admire in someone: Kindness, a solid work ethic, generosity of spirit, accountability, integrity and a killer sense of humor.
13. The things I most value in my friends: Loyalty, joyfulness, a “say YES” spirit, and the desire to actively make a positive impact in the world.
14. Qualities that have gotten me to where I am today: Optimism, authenticity, empathy, and resilience.
15. The change I’d like to see in my industry: Beachbody is definitely the front-runner for curating positive change in this industry. They focus on delivering premium content to genuinely help all people. I love seeing their commitment to body positivity, age diversity, and helping Team Beachbody Coaches build their own successful businesses.
Outside of Beachbody, I’d love to see less emphasis placed on the number of Instagram followers and popularity. I would like to see more emphasis placed on real experience, true passion and ongoing education in trainers, teachers, and leaders in my industry.
16. The best advice I’ve ever gotten: “Trust yourself, and your path… and find joy in the journey as it all unfolds.” – my Dad.
17. The best advice I could give someone: Stay focused on being the best version of YOU you can be…. And then show up intentionally & powerfully each day in the direction of your goals, and surrender what is out of your control.
18. My greatest achievement is: Professionally, becoming a Beachbody Super Trainer!! Personally, turning life’s challenges into opportunities to learn and grow.
19. My idea of a perfect day: Waking up early and enjoying my hot coffee and morning gratitude meditation, followed by a workout. From there, I’m pretty easy — maybe a beachside brunch with my friends and then an afternoon adventure with my husband and pup!
It would DEFINITELY include an afternoon nap, a Face-Time with my nieces and nephews. Then maybe a romantic dinner with Nolan, followed by a movie night IN!